Region: The island of Losinj
Cunski is situated 8 km from Mali Losinj. It developed on a hill, which was the site of one of many prehistoric hill forts on the island of Losinj. Cultivating the fertile fields nearby, many settlers eked out a livelihood and so it grew and developed to its present-day borders. Cultivating fields of wheat and vegetables as well as vineyards, the nearby hills were planted with olive trees, which, from year to year, yielded the precious olive oil.
Apart from agriculture and fishing, in recent years tourism has started to develop and so in conjunction with the presentation and promotion of local authentic sites is the oil mill - TORAC - a place combining the past with the present. As part of its rich inheritance, the wish is to present and exhibit to tourists the reconstruction of TORAC - the only remaining old mill for olives (so-called «TORAC» in the local dialect) was built in 1897.
Cunski at one time boasted a population of 600 inhabitants but to-day the number is 150.
There is a spiritual retreat centre here called Betanija where the faithful from all over the world congregate and where the rev. Zlatko Sudac, when in residence, receives pilgrims. This is also the birthplace of the bishop of Krk, Valter Zupan.
On the road below Cunski is the starting point for the tourist trail on the ascent to the hill called Osorscica.
Cunski is connected daily by bus with Mali and Veli Losinj as well as with Cres, Osor and Nerezine. On the main road below Cunski a paved side road leads to a sports airfield.